Thursday, March 3, 2011

George Carlin And My Dad Thought Alike

‎"You know you're supposed to care about the environment and you're supposed to care about injustice. and in the abstract, you do: but in a practical way, fu@# it. I mean, what are you going to do about it? There's nothing you can do about it , and it's meaningless anyway. Lives are meaningless and so is existence." ~ George Carlin
    • This is a rather depressing admission but as my dad got older, he felt this same way as George Carlin. So I'm now thinking: two great philosophers thought this as they grew wiser. Am I beginning to believe this too? That lives are meaningless? I mean I keep going through the motions as though my life does matter ... but then people around me die. And I've got to ask: what does it all mean? (The above quotation was taken from a really old magazine I found at an estate sale with George Carlin's face on the cover - so I bought it. "High Times" magazine ... February 2, 1970.
In the morning, I will attempt to explore this philosophy further, intuitively. I'm too tired tonight. Meanwhile, I look at life and look at all the crap we as individuals must put up with just to survive in modern society. What's that all about? 

No comments:

OTHER WEBSITES MAINTAINED BY SUNTIGER

People Blessed From Visiting Since 2/22/09

Hail And Welcome!