Friday, January 23, 2009

Catch of the day? Salmonella in Peanut Butter (No Jelly)

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut-butter like bacterial poison. After throwing out peanut-butter-flavored dog biscuits (one cannot be too concerned when it comes to the four-legged family members; so thank you FDA for exposing that deadly rod-shaped salmonella microorganism) I happened upon this really cool website for gardeners concerned about global warming. http://www.nwf.org/gardenersguide/

That site includes a map of the United states with options to click individual states -- to see what tree or state flower will be impacted with climate change. It also provides a link for invasive (non-native species) plants that will BENEFIT from such climate change . . . perhaps potentially causing a crisis.

Here's a very fun article, by Kay Balmer, the Oregonian about being the most environmentally aware human: (The competition to be "the most green" is much worse than merely trying to keep up with the next door Jones family; materially). She starts off by presenting the stressful ideas of it all in a hypothetical board game designed by Al Gore: http://blog.oregonlive.com/homesandgardens/2007/06/the_green_challenge.html#more

Finally: after researching and writing about bats, I decided I needed to install a SECOND bat box. My loving husband Doug always supports me, willingly, and I feel so grateful to him for that. I'll have to upload pictures of him designing the new "rocket box." (If he didn't have to go to work, the new bat house would be made . . .but earning a living means putting projects aside until the weekend.

4 comments:

Fijufic said...

Climatologists are still saying that global warming peaked 1n 1998. I'm not convinced we are experiencing any global warming and there is a lot of evidence to support we could be in a cooling down phase.

Just sayin'

Bobby

SunTiger said...

You are right, Bobby. I agree we are in "climate change" more-so than "global warming" but some areas are experiencing a heat-up while others are suffering from drammatic cool downs.

CHANGE. (Don't think this is the kind Obama was calling for when he successfully ran for president). LOL.

Hibiscus Moon said...

Yes, I tell my students that is called "global climate change"...not warming.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'll be following yours. :)

SunTiger said...

Hibiscus Moon ~ Yay. Thanks for following/joining the ranks of the most highly evolved who regularly bask in all my sunshine/intellectual glory while occasionally leaving comments to also teach me a thing or two. :D

OTHER WEBSITES MAINTAINED BY SUNTIGER

People Blessed From Visiting Since 2/22/09

Hail And Welcome!